Israel Cancer Research Fund – Chicago Chapter
Advancing cancer treatment for the benefit of all mankind
After launching a chapter in Chicago, an already vibrant space for cancer research, The Israel Cancer Research Fund (ICRF) sought to build awareness and support for the groundbreaking research it supports. With a staff of one, the Chicago office initially asked Giving Tree to help manage its annual event. ICRF wanted to plan an experience that would be meaningful and memorable for attendees while also generating significant support to further its mission.
In its first year working with ICRF, Giving Tree helped the organization exceed its event revenue goal by more than 40 percent. Since then, Giving Tree has partnered with ICRF to plan its annual event, creating unforgettable evenings that weave together powerful stories from the honoree, special guest speaker and emcee. Over the past four years, ICRF has raised nearly $2.1 million, increased average event revenue by 15 percent annually and grown its sponsorship program by 35 percent. This has enabled the organization to participate in funding cutting-edge research that is changing the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients and their families worldwide.
Giving Tree strategized on details big and small, working closely with ICRF’s Chicago staff member and volunteer leaders and designing an event that was a true reflection of the organization. By overseeing all aspects of the project, Giving Tree also freed up valuable time for ICRF’s staff member to focus on running the organization.
Key Project Elements
- Created, managed and implemented project timeline ahead of schedule
- Worked closely with event leadership to create and implement fundraising strategies
- Conceptualized a compelling program, recruited speakers and drafted remarks
- Managed all event logistics in a cost-efficient way
- Conducted prospecting sessions and provided solicitation training to board and lay leadership
- Raised more than $2.1 million, grew the sponsorship program by 35 percent and grew annual revenue by 15 percent on average over four years
- Event management
- Solicitation training
- Leadership development
- Board development
“Giving Tree did a fantastic job. The event tonight ran flawlessly. Lisa and Ilissa did everything they committed to doing and always with a smile. As I believe you know, I have very high standards and your team exceeded them.”
Cindy Pogrund, Board Member, ICRF
Start your next project
Bring us your biggest organizational challenge, and we’ll work
with you to turn it into your next opportunity.