One World Surgery | Chicago, IL
Who We Are:
One World Surgery is a nonprofit organization with the vision of a world committed to safe, timely, and accessible surgical care. Our Mission is to ignite the spirit of service and transform lives by providing access to high-quality surgical care globally. The three-year strategic plan is to create the best practice global surgery nonprofit that can be scaled and replicated to serve our patients and volunteers.
One World Surgery funds and operates the world-class Holy Family Surgery Center in Honduras and is building a second medical center in Dominican Republic. Our nonprofit is dedicated to helping thousands of underserved patients receive surgical care and helping hundreds of physicians, nurses, and others in the US contribute to making a positive impact in global health.
One World Surgery is looking for a creative, communicative, and motivated individual to help us plan inspirational events as we grow fundraising and visibility efforts nationwide.
An important part of the Development team, the Events Manager will organize and oversee our two main fundraising events: Annual Gala and Annual Golf Outing, and will be responsible for developing a portfolio of at least 10 additional national events for donor cultivation, stewardship and fundraising. It is essential for the Events Manager to have the ability to handle high volume and undertake extensive travel.
The Events Manager reports to the Director of Individual Giving.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package available.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Qualifications, Characteristics and Skill Sets:
- Five years successful experience in event management, ideally in a non-profit environment. Experience with indoor and outdoor event production is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of marketing and communications, including production of printed materials and digital communications.
- Excellent event planning skills and attention to detail. Must be comfortable coordinating logistics, schedules and managing teams of volunteers.
- Strong financial acumen. Ability to manage, monitor and maximize a budget. Comfortable securing in-kind support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience communicating with C-suite and other high level donors and volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience working with third party vendors.
- An innovative thinker, who can bring fresh ideas and perspectives.
- Must be willing to travel nationally and internationally, and have a passion for the mission of One World Surgery.
- Manage a portfolio of events from conception through implementation and evaluation . Portfolio to include a gala, golf outing and 10+ national donor cultivation, stewardship and fundraising events.
- Organize volunteers and committee members for events. Engage volunteers in sponsorship and other solicitation activities.
- Create and implement marketing strategies to generate interest in and increase attendance of the events.
- Manage third-party vendor relationships including venues, caterers, AV suppliers, etc.
- Regularly review and revise event strategies, suggest and implement areas for improvement.
- Manage all event data to ensure names of attendees, volunteers, etc. are entered into the database; and ensure that volunteers and contributors to events are acknowledged in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Track event expenses against budget and make adjustments to ensure high level ROI.