Director of Individual Giving
One World Surgery | Chicago, IL
Who We Are:
One World Surgery is a nonprofit organization with the vision of a world committed to safe, timely, and accessible surgical care. Our Mission is to ignite the spirit of service and transform lives by providing access to high-quality surgical care globally. The three-year strategic plan is to create the best practice global surgery nonprofit that can be scaled and replicated to serve our patients and volunteers.
One World Surgery funds and operates the world-class Holy Family Surgery Center in Honduras and is building a second medical center in Dominican Republic. Our nonprofit is dedicated to helping thousands of underserved patients receive surgical care and helping hundreds of physicians, nurses, and others in the US contribute to making a positive impact in global health.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Individual Giving will work alongside a front- facing, passionate team of fundraisers. S/he will be a dynamic self-starter with a successful fundraising track record. S/he will be joining a rapidly growing global nonprofit with the ability to balance leading and personally driving results to identify, cultivate, and solicit current and new relationships.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package available.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Required Qualifications, Characteristics and Skill Sets:
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Proven front-facing fundraising track record of securing gifts of $10,000 or more from individuals.
- A passion for our Mission and the ability to inspire donors.
- Well-honed emotional intelligence and highly developed interpersonal skills with the presence and personal style to represent the organization to a variety of constituents.
- Outstanding written and communication skills - an articulate and persuasive storyteller, with exceptional relationship-building skills.
- Team-oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability and willingness to regularly travel both nationally and internationally.
- Establish and oversee fundraising goals and strategies to engage mid-level and major donors.
- Supports the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy to achieve these goals.
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors which will include 1) developing and executing strategies that will cultivate and secure annual gifts and commitments for programming; 2) initiating and supporting actions to qualify, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward gifts from prospective donors; and 3) staffs leadership and key volunteers to support the building of a philanthropic relationship with prospective donors.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and consistent development program for medical mission volunteers, in partnership with the Program and Development teams.
Write and/or edit fundraising proposals, presentations and letters.
Oversee the annual fundraising events strategy and Events Manager.
Serve as an articulate spokesperson for OWS at fundraising and stewardship events.
Ability to thrive as a leader in an evolving, fast-paced, global environment.