Program Analyst – Crown Family Philanthropies
Reporting to the Program Officer for Jewish Giving, the Program Analyst assists with programmatic and administrative aspects of the Foundation’s Jewish giving portfolio, including Jewish education, young adult engagement, fostering innovation and capacity building.
Crown Family Philanthropies – Who We Are
Crown Family Philanthropies (CFP) supports Jewish causes, education, health, human services, the arts, civic affairs, and the environment. Guided by its core values of finding results-oriented solutions to social problems, effective and efficient use of time and resources, sustainable practices and meaningful collaborations, CFP works with non-profit partners to address aspirations for social change.
The successful candidate will provide support to facilitate grant-making to and grant oversight of Jewish organizations which wish to build or enhance a vibrant Jewish community.
• Manage the development and production of materials for the Foundation’s review of funding requests and grant-making strategy meetings;
• With the Program Officer, review grantee progress reports and work to determine if grant requirements have been met;
• Ensure consistency and standardization in grant review practices across program areas;
• Assist with proposal review, site visits and vetting of proposals;
• In consultation with Program Officer, review nonprofit financial statements and operational conditions to determine organizational strength and effectiveness.
Qualifications & Skills
• 3-5 years professional experience;
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred;
• Significant knowledge and understanding of issues related to the Jewish Community;
• Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and nonprofit management. Grant making/philanthropic experience a plus but not required;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, including ability to synthesize multiple inputs with sensitivity and professionalism;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Professionalism, judgment, and discretion;
• Ability to establish goals, prioritize multiple requests and demonstrate results;
• Effective, high-energy, can-do team player;
• Mastery of Microsoft Office suite, advanced word formatting skills.
Posted: February 2016
Start Date: Spring 2016
Location: Chicago, IL
Please email resume and cover letter to: Laura Ford, Giving Tree Associates firstname.lastname@example.org