Senior Director of Development, Western Region
American Friends of Tel Aviv University | Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are:
We at American Friends believe that international alliances are vital to the future of Tel Aviv University. Since TAU opened its doors in 1956, American Friends have enthusiastically and industriously pursued the advancement of TAU in the world; raising money, awareness and influence. We share a lively intellectual curiosity, and work to extend the boundaries of knowledge to enrich the future of the planet. We're also proud to serve as a dynamic bridge between American and Israeli leaders dedicated to excellence in scholarship and to strengthening the State of Israel. Together, we're committed to changing lives that change the world.
In partnership with the AFTAU President and CEO and the Vice President of the Western Region, the Senior Director of Development will help lead fundraising efforts in the Los Angeles area and be part of a team that manages a $20 million regional major gifts program as part of a $40 million national fundraising goal.
Competitive salary and benefits package available.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7-plus years of professional fundraising experience in a nonprofit setting.
- Ability to develop and implement an annual strategic fundraising plan focused on major giving.
- Tangible experience and demonstrated success in expanding and cultivating donor relationships over time.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long- term relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; flexible and adaptable style.
- Experience managing both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a national team; experience working with high level lay leadership.
- Energetic, passionate about Israel and education.
- Ability to work proficiently within Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM platform.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Design and implement a comprehensive development plan that systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
- Assume responsibility for a portfolio of major donors in the Western region, with a direct charge for $9 million in annual funding toward a $20 million regional goal.
- Assume responsibility for developing, implementing and managing a portfolio of major donors through the solicitation of major gifts, special events, corporate and foundation support.
- Forge new relationships and access current relationships to increase financial support and build AFTAU’s visibility in the Western region.
- Expand and diversify the AFTAU donor pipeline and work closely with colleagues and leadership to secure funding for new initiatives.
- Partner with board members to support individual fundraising efforts.
- Research potential funding sources and giving trends in order to position AFTAU as an innovative, exciting investment option with new donors, family foundations and corporate supporters.
- Track progress and monitor results; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leadership as requested.
- Develop and implement a strategic moves management program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with new prospects and strengthening relationships with current donors.
- Develop an annual fundraising plan; creating milestones and benchmarks for personal goals.