Outreach and Development Manager
Illinois Partners for Human Service | Chicago, IL
Who We Are:
Illinois Partners is a coalition of human service organizations throughout the state. We are a collective voice in Springfield to ensure that all Illinoisans can reach their potential and fully engage in their communities. Our mission is to protect and support our state’s most important resource–the residents of Illinois–by creating a stronger and more stable human services sector that benefits all members of society at every phase of life.
Illinois Partners for Human Service seeks an ambitious and dynamic Outreach and Development Manager to manage and grow the organization’s two main income generation streams. The successful candidate, alongside the Executive Director and board, will strategically manage our 800+ nonprofit partners, as well as the organization’s grants program and growing annual campaign.
This is a unique, career-building, opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about human services and who wants grow with an organization. It will suit a self-starter who enjoys working autonomously but can operate collaboratively.
The Outreach and Development Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package available.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Required Qualifications, Characteristics and Skill Sets:
- Two to five years of relevant work experience in areas of fundraising, outreach and/or external partnership management.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector required; experience in human services sector preferred.
- Expertise in relationship building and enthusiasm for collaboration with members and community leaders via meetings and external communications.
- Experience working in a small nonprofit environment; proven fundraising track record is a plus.Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, data management and logistical planning experience preferred.
- Agility and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks and follow through on projects.
- Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a good driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Serve as primary contact for Local Area Councils; establish new Councils in strategic areas throughout the state.
- Solicit meetings and make asks of partner prospects; requesting an investment of time and financial support.
- Collaborate with Communications Manager to develop marketing/impact messages, including partner benefit statements and testimonials.
- Engage partners to learn about local needs and develop new methods of collaboration.
- Oversee tracking of partner information.
- Grant proposal development, writing and submission in accordance with funder requirements; represent Illinois Partners in conversations with foundations and other institutional funders.
- Research corporate and foundation grants and other funding opportunities.
- Grant status tracking, follow-up reporting, compliance monitoring and other stewardship activities.
- Support the creation and implementation of an annual campaign, to include direct mail and individual donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Work with Local Council, Resource Development Committee and Executive Director to solicit donations from partner organizations.
- Serve as a staff lead for the Resource Development committee.
Collaborate with Director to select and implement new donor database.
- Provide quarterly reports to Executive Director and Executive Committee on all areas of responsibility.