Individual Giving Manager
Keshet | Northbrook, IL
Who We Are:
From its core programs for children and adults with intellectual challenges in the Chicago area, to its international consulting work, Keshet serves over 1,000 individuals with disabilities and touches the lives of many more family members, peers, supporters, and other stakeholders around the globe.
Keshet’s local leadership, comprised of nearly 100 lay leaders from all walks of life, provide the inspiration, direction, and funding required to fulfill the organization’s mission: to do whatever is necessary to allow individuals with disabilities to achieve their potential.
The Individual Giving Officer has previous nonprofit experience in a fundraising capacity. He/she understands the need for a strong donor base for support and is skilled in building relationships with donors as part of an annual giving program.
The Individual Giving Officer will report to the Director of Development.
Salary range $65,000 – $70,000
In addition, Keshet offers a very generous benefits package, and fast paced and fun work environment.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Required Qualifications, Characteristics and Skill Sets:
- 4-6 years of fundraising experience.
- Track record of producing successful fundraising efforts.
- Experience with individual giving programs, including donor solicitation, cultivation and stewardship.
- Experience working with a diverse base of donors and volunteers.
- Working knowledge of the Chicago philanthropic landscape.
- A self-starter who can develop a campaign plan with minimal supervision and/or training.
- A passion for Keshet’s mission.
- Positive energy and a strong work ethic.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at any given time while paying keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor databases, preferably DonorPerfect.
- Strong writing and presentation skills; ability to communicate to diverse audiences while tailoring messages to each audience.
- Build relationships with new, current and lapsed donors to renew their commitment to Keshet; manage donor acquisition working with donors in the $1 - $5,000 range.
- Develop and manage the annual appeal solicitations, including both direct and digital response.
- Work with Director of Development to create a giving program targeting the support of the younger friends of Keshet.
- Document and maintain clear and timely records and call reports to track contacts, donor giving, notes, and assist in the maintenance of an accurate database.
- Work closely with the development team and to build a prospect portfolio and ensure the flow of prospects into the giving pipeline, from identification through solicitation.
- Develop and manage new creative solicitation campaigns to engage new individuals within the Chicago community.
- Support the efforts of volunteer committees to identify and solicit prospects, with a specific focus on the annual banquet, family committee/family campaign and smaller cultivation events.
- Manage all cultivation and stewardship efforts for donors falling within the individual giving portfolio.