Giving Tree Associates | Chicago, IL
Who We Are:
Founded in 2008, Giving Tree has worked with more than 200 nonprofit institutions to drive thoughtful, sustainable growth. A woman-owned firm, our team of professionals leverages decades of experience in both consulting and in-house nonprofit roles to offer valuable strategic and tactical support.
While Giving Tree spent its early years primarily serving the Jewish community, our mission has expanded to include clients across faith denominations, human needs, arts and humanities, and other sectors. We call Chicago home, but our work includes partnerships with organizations throughout North America.
Associate Consultants work with multiple clients as part of dedicated client teams led by a consultant and much of the work is performed independently. The ability to multitask and prioritize while maintaining attention to detail is critical, as is strong and open communication with Giving Tree and client teams.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of professional experience in fundraising or the equivalent in a related field and a working knowledge of the fundraising world.
Salary commensurate with experience. Both contract and salaried options available.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Qualifications, Characteristics and Skill Sets:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional or voluntary fundraising experience. Candidates annual campaign and/or events experience preferred.
Position Requires the Ability to:
- Correspond in a professional and timely manner with clients and supervisors.
- Confidently communicate with clients and colleagues.
- Multi-task and manage several projects at one time with keen attention to detail.
- Prioritize action items efficiently.
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and mail merge manager.
- Use and learn new CRM programs, CMS, email marketing tools, and other web-based and social media tools.
- Problem solve resourcefully and proactively.
- Self motivate and work in an independent environment.
- Collecting, compiling, organizing and entering data.
- Tracking projects including:
- Keeping notes throughout the week of client and team’s progress.
- Preparing agendas and other materials for meetings.
- Taking meeting minutes that track important decisions and action items.
- Sending follow-up to all relevant parties and corresponding appropriately with the responsible team member.
- Managing established project timeline.
- Interacting with volunteers and board members.
- Conducting prospect and foundation research.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of fundraising events.