Director of Development
Camp Judaea | Atlanta, GA or South Florida
Who We Are:
Camp Judaea is a Jewish overnight camp for campers aged 8-16 and counselors aged 17-24. Its mission is to provide a safe, fun, nurturing community where children, teens, and young adults grow as individuals, build lifelong friendships, develop leadership skills, and establish enduring connections with Judaism, Israel and the natural environment.
Camp Judaea, a Jewish overnight camp with its business office in Atlanta, GA and camp facilities in Hendersonville, NC, seeks a full-time Director of Development to hold responsibility for all aspects of camp’s fundraising and related communications/marketing.
This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate with annual and major gift fundraising experience, including expertise in donor cultivation/stewardship, supervising support staff and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. Familiarity with Jewish overnight camping, Young Judaea and the Southeastern U.S. Jewish Communities is a plus.
This full-time, 12-month position is based out of Atlanta, GA or South Florida, and reports directly to Camp Judaea’s Executive Director.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package available.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Qualifications, Characteristics and Skill Sets:
- 5-7 years of successful nonprofit fundraising experience. Candidates with integrated annual campaign experience preferred.
- A passion for Jewish life, Jewish camping, and the ability to share it with stakeholders.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build trust and rapport with stakeholders and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to write and speak persuasively.
- Strong track record of annual campaign growth, organizational development, analytical and strategic thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and supervise staff members.
- Comfort with social media, data management software and online fundraising tools.
- Understanding of Jewish life and culture.
- Ability to travel nationally
- Create and implement a comprehensive fundraising and communications strategy, oversee all fundraising efforts, including annual campaign, major gift and capital campaign initiatives, endowment and planned giving.
- Provide strategic long term vision for growing Camp Judaea’s development and communication efforts, including the management of internal record-keeping systems.
- Build on camp’s current major gifts program, prioritizing, stewarding, and researching potential donors. Establish and steward relationships with key donors and prospects; Implement a regular schedule of donor visits, locally and nationally.
- Provide leadership and guidance to camp’s professional and volunteer fundraising team, keeping board members informed of all key fundraising initiatives.
- Coordinate planning, communications and training with Development Chair and Executive Director.
- Plan and implement events for a national donor base, such as parlor meetings.
- Liaise with local and national corporate and foundation prospects/donors; including prospect research, grant writing and relationship management.
- Develop a communications calendar and strategies for reaching current and prospective donors via marketing and public relations tools such as development-related website updates, social media, newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Oversee the camp’s donor database management.