Development Operations Associate
One World Surgery | Chicagoland, IL
Who We Are:
One World Surgery has the vision of a world committed to safe, timely and accessible surgical care. We want to ignite the spirit of service and transform lives by providing access to high-quality surgical care globally.
One World Surgery funds and operates the world-class Holy Family Surgery Center in Honduras. We are dedicated to helping thousands of underserved patients receive surgical care and helping hundreds of physicians, nurses and others in the U.S. contribute to making a positive impact in global health.
The Development Operations Associate is a dynamic member of the Development department, whose work spans database management, analytics, prospect management, operations and finance. They support the department's daily operations and strategic plan by providing data-driven insight into fundraising and prospect management to maximize income generation potential.
The Development Operations Associate reports to the Director of Development and Communications.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package available.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Required Qualifications, Characteristics and Skill Sets:
- One – three years professional experience. Ideally in a non-profit environment.
- Knowledge and experience of working with fundraising CRM systems/databases. Experience with Little Green Light preferred.
- Ability to analyze data and provide data-driven insights and recommendations.
- Research skills, including a natural curiosity and a strong results-oriented focus.
- Competent with the range of tools and technology necessary to support the organization's initiatives. A willingness to learn and recommend new systems.
- Uses proactive problem solving to provide insightful recommendations and solutions
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and collaborate and manage volunteers
- Extraordinary organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail.
- Passion for the mission of One World Surgery.
- Manage the donor database and ensure its accuracy and integrity by undertaking accurate gift entry, appropriate acknowledgement of all donations and approval of all matching gift requests.
- Oversee and execute data entry procedures, maintain consistent standards for donor data, and provide the Development team with regular updates on data management protocol.
- Regularly review and revise gift acceptance policies, gift entry and acknowledgement procedures.
- Track donor cultivation and stewardship activities, including; communicating task assignments and follow up actions with the board, Executive Director and Director of Development and Communications with regard managing their personal portfolios – as directed by the Director of Development and Communications.
- Create mailing lists for campaigns and events; segmenting lists based on gift analysis and insight.
- Generate financial and analytical reports to support Development team efforts.
- Conduct prospect research to build a robust discovery pipeline.
- Oversee monthly financial reconciliation. Collaborate with the Finance team to ensure all gifts and pledges are properly recorded in the general ledger.
- Track department expenses against budget.